Tuesday 20 September 2011

PROJECTS

Hi everybody hope you are well... Apologies for the lack of posting lately, Bec and I are working on a freelance sourcing job and it hasn't left time for much else..

 Anyway I thought I would show a few little projects I am slowly working on.. Last year I made an advent calender from linen and and fabric scraps and it went down at treat so I am going to try and have a couple ready for this year... they take forever to make and last year I crammed it all into to one week so I am trying to be a bit more organised this year and get a head start..



Still a little way to go and my friend Jacinta is going to help finish these off, the pockets will be added to a large piece of linen and then a piece wooden doweling will be attached to the top for hanging..







And the second one- not really a project just a little bit of messing around with paint- we have a group lot of these bottles - which we think are old oil bottles... So they are nice but I have always fancied having a go at making colourful vases with paint. So the main thing here is not to look to closely as I still need to fine tune my paint swishing technique! But overall I am really happy with the way it looks with these cheapo fake flowers and grouped together with a couple of random things from around the house. I have to say it makes me smile whenever I walk past it- cheesy I know!

That all for now, we have been enjoying some beautiful Sunshine the last few days in Melbourne , summer is coming and I cant wait to see what it brings for our little business,

Take care wherever you are ! Xx



3 comments:

claire said...

advent calenders! cant wait for Christmas!!

Squiggly Rainbow said...

Your advent calenders are just gorgeous Simone! Love them! Those jars look great too! So clever xx

Jacinta said...

Oh I've been loving those painted jars, yours look fab. Another thing to put on the "to try" list.
xox