Monday 4 July 2011

A Vintage Weekend...

What a lovely morning it is (and being school holidays has nothing to do with it  whatsoever- he he).
I think all mums out there would agree how gorgeous it was this morning to have a lie in. And to have the time to make myself a mushroom omelette, a hot cup of coffee (and drink it hot) has been pure bliss today and it's only 9.30. So i am feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready to get stuck into some work whilst the boys kick the footy around in the yard.

I left Simone to hold down the fort this past weekend and headed off with some girlfriends for a lovely weekend in Maldon. I have, in the past been to Daylesford and Kyneton, but Maldon was not ever on my radar, and boy was i thrilled when we arrived there Friday night to find this beautiful little town, with VINTAGE as far as the eye could see.

I took lots of photos to show you and will do my best to upload as many as blogger will allow......







we stayed here above the bushells shop in a loft.....just gorgeous

the loft window overlooking the street.

Highly recommended for a weekend away or even just a day trip.
And was pretty chuffed with my vintage finds up there also...


We think these are old lawn bowls scoreboard numbers as they are only little but very heavy, solid metal and nice and rustic. Had to buy the lot!

And was so thrilled to find wooden spools and even better, according to the man who sold them to me, came out of the old Kyneton sock factory- we do love a local treasure!

One more treasure to show you which was not from my weekend away, but worthy of a photo.....

These are old cardboard price tickets from the Unley Busy store in South Australia. Aren't they divine? All of these treasures will be heading to the Vintage Shed on Thursday and some will be listed in our Etsy store today.

Have a fabulous week everyone and hope to see you down at the shed soon..

Vintage Girl

No comments: